Friday, June 6, 2008

Dear Reader

Dear Reader,
I am twenty, and the youngest of four, so I have learned from three. I am studying English and math to better my skills. As I am finishing up English ninety-eight I realize I can write well. Before in my learning career I was at a red light on my creative path, blocked from ever reaching the green, and letting my thoughts flow. I was held back in my elementary school years. Never told I could do anything, and only told I wasn’t smart enough for normal classes. After being forced into resource classes for years a high school counselor gave me the opportunity to excel. When given that chance I let it pass me by. I slacked off and didn’t go to class, and I never cared enough to try to do better. I was ignorant and let the immaturity of my age consume my being. It wasn’t until after high school I woke up and realized that I was going nowhere. So I started to head somewhere, by going to college. Although I am unsure of end of that path at this time my life will lead there someday. Meanwhile my efforts to strive in my education will continue to grow.
This dear reader is my reflection of the growth process of my English ninety-eight quarter. I have picked out a few writing pieces to share with you, such as; a definition paper where I define a type of music known as ska, A journal I did in the month of May on the ugliness of ignorance, a summary of an article to show my ability to write effectively, and a inventory of being which I used a few lines in my lead in to describe myself. So please dear readier enjoy reading this window in to my life.

2 comments:

*Monica* said...

i like your writing style my favorit thing was "I was at a red light on my creative path, blocked from ever reaching the green, and letting my thoughts flow." oh by the way when you read my portfolio it was not done

VanessaT said...

Good job on your e-portfolio and like the title and the organization snd keep up the good work I did see improvement in your writing.